Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 5 - Design Charette

Today was rather uneventful. We started off with a late morning meeting around 10:00 to discuss what we will be doing now that our teacher has finally arrived. A charette is a quick sketch design process wherein designers come up with lots of ideas quickly, pick one, and develop it enough to be communicated. I started by tracing the plan of the courtyard and cavelike fortress cellar so that I'd have a base point:


I am getting a cold and spent most of the day asleep, so I don't really have anything else to report for today. I am video documenting most of what we do, though, so it should be easy to show you a lot more when I get back.

Some students went into town this afternoon to get supplies. I asked one of them to get me some hydrogen peroxide if he could find any. I bit my lip really badly during turbulence on the plane, and it's only getting worse. It's not infected yet, and I want to keep it that way. I didn't tell him why I wanted it, though, so he came back with a spray-on disinfectant that you can't use in your mouth. One of the other students here has his first responder, though, and suggested what I should have thought of: boil some water and make a salt water rinse. It'll probably be better than hydrogen peroxide would have been anyhow.

One day I'll write a blog and there won't be any medical problems involved....

No comments:

Post a Comment