Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 1 - Lugano

The flight from Zurich to Lugano was a simple forty-five minute up-down flight that took us over some beautiful mountains for which pictures do no justice.


I ran into a classmate at the Zurich airport who turned out to be on the same flight to Lugano and who did not have a hotel room. She is staying with me now, which makes me feel more comfortable. She bought me dinner in return for the room.

(gnocchi, a yummy potato dish with a gummy texture)

After dinner we wandered along the lake for a bit before returning to the hotel. It's 10:00 at night here, and it feels like 11:30 at night, so I guess I'm doing pretty well with jet lag.

Tomorrow we will take the train to Muggio, a bus to Scudellate, and set up for our summer in Switzerland. I will have to duct tape my luggage together (yes, I brought a roll along) just to get it to the ostello. A wheel got ripped off of one bag, and there's a gaping hole where the handle to another had been.

(Yeah, you're really not supposed to be able to reach inside like that...)

(There was a wheel there when I left. Now there's a gaping hole.)

1 comment:

  1. Before you left, I asked how often you planned on communicating. You said to see how often you blog. Well, I have to say you are off to a great start and have set quite a precedent. I like it, and the great pictures.

    I think this is just the first of many new dishes you are going to like. Maybe you can get the recipes from your cook of the dishes you like. It would make a great memento of your trip.

    It must have been a strange feeling to be on the other side of the world, look across the room and see someone you know. How wonderful for both of you. When is your friend’s luggage supposed to arrive?

    It looks like the handle on Josh’s suitcase is still there but the area around it is missing. Is the handle still useable? Good luck on the next leg of your now even more adventurous trip.

    Today was a good day for us. We heard from all three of you kids: You made it safely to Lugano, Josh is safe in Peru, and Stefanie got good A level results! So you are all safe and all having positive experiences! Wow what lucky and blessed parents we are. Love and Hugs.

    ReplyDelete